Carpacciois one of those easy dishes you'll find in whatever Italian restaurant in the world.
It only requires 5 basic ingredients,but make sure they are at veryhigh standard: super fresh raw beef fillet very thinly sliced,fresh arugula/rocket,extra virgin olive oil,a squeeze of lemon and Parmesan shavings.
The name is due toChef Cipriani( Have you ever heard about the high-class Cipriani restaurants around the world?),as an homage to the great Italian painter Vittore Carpaccio;the colors of this delicious dish remembered him of the ones used by the painter.The interestingstory about the Carpacciowas such a nice discovery for me!!
I love the simplicity of this dish,and the true flavors it brings out,is definitely one of my favoriteAntipasti!!
My version is a little different,I used a Dijon vinaigrette instead of just olive oil and lemon,and decided to go for a roll shape instead of the classic carpaccio on a bed of arugula.
The reason is very easy,I think is just more handy to eat it this way,so that each bite has a little of everything and is full of flavors.
Hope you enjoy remaking that at home,it will be a huge success for a niceromantic dinner!!
- 4 slices fresh,raw beef tenderloin,thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings
- 1 cup baby salad leaves
- Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp Dijon grainy mustard
- 1 tsp lime juice
- a pinch of lime zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp capers,well rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives (optional) to decorate
- Put all vinaigrette ingredients into a jar.Close with a lid and shake well until all combined.Taste and season accordingly.
- Arrange a slice of beef on a plate,and brush with a little Dijon vinaigrette.Place some baby leaves on top,and roll the meat on itself.Repeat until you have 4 carpaccio rolls.
- Decorate with chives,Parmesan shavings,freshly cracked black pepper and some extra vinaigrette.