Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside,these healthy baked Veggie Sweet Potato Fritters are ready on the table in 30 minutes and awesomely vegan & gluten-free!!
Throw mashed sweet potato,chopped steamed broccoli,flours and spices in a large bowl,and stir everything together.I mean,,what's better than 1-bowl yabo亚博体育recipes??They're simply perfect for busy people with little time.Divide the mixture among a mini muffin tin sprayed with oil.I usually pour 1 full tablespoon in each cup and the batter is just enough to fill a whole 12-cup tin.Bake until golden & crisp,and serve hot straight away,but they will also taste pretty good served at room temperature.
And while these are delicious on its own,,I like to serve mine with aflavour-packed garlicky yogurt dip,,but they would pair well with myguacamole diptoo.I'm also pretty sure kids(and grown-ups!)would love to dip these crispy fritters in a classic combo ofhomemade ketchup&mayonnaise.Thesebaked Veggie Sweet Potato Fritterswould make the perfect bite-sized snack to whip up when you need something healthy and satisfying on the table FAST.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE??
Please let me know how you liked it!Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag#yab亚博顶级线上娱乐o亚博体育thepetitecook!Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!!
- 500gr sweet potato,steamed and mashed
- 400gr broccoli florets,steamed
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 50gr rice flour
- 50gr chickpea flour
- a pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- extra-virgin olive oil,for baking
- 200gr plain Greek-style yogurt (I use vegan-friendly soy yogurt)
- 2 garlic cloves,grated
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves,finely chopped (you may also use fresh oregano or thyme)
- zest and juice of half lime
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F and arrange a baking tray in the middle shelf.Grease lightly with olive oil a 12-cup muffin tin.
- For the yogurt dip: in a small bowl,mix together yogurt,grated garlic,chopped mint,zest and juice of half lime,and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Finely mince the broccoli florets,celery and spring onions and add them into a large bowl.Add in mashed sweet potato,salt,cayenne pepper,ginger and chili flakes (optional) and mix all together.
- Fold sifted rice and chickpea flour into the mixture and gently mix all ingredients together.The mixture should be dense,if it's too creamy,add a little more flour.
- Pour about a full tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin cup.Lightly spray with olive oil the top of each fritter.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 min,or until crispy and golden on top.
- Allow the fritters to cool slightly,then gently remove them from the muffin tin.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with the yogurt dip on the side.